This is a guide on how to use TV Recroder app. Please use support link if you need any further help. We will be adding more to this FAQ as we receive your questions.
1. What do I need for this to work?
Just our app. Make sure you have the latest version from Google Play. Download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tvrecorder.
2. What is TV Recorder?
TV recorder is a free Android application, that allows you to record a digital copy of public broadcast TV shows to your Android device.
3. Is it legal?
The app works as a DVR (Digital Video Recorder). Personal recording was essentially declared to be legal by the Supreme Court in the 1984 Betamax case, however you need to make sure this is also lega in your country, if you live outside of US.
4. How does it work?
You can use the app in these easy steps:
- after running the app for the first time, it will need some time to sync all the data from server. You may minimise the app and let it run in the background
- after the sync is finished, click on the Show guide in the main menu (image below)
- Browse through the show guide and choose the shows you like. You can subscribe to shows using the favorite icon in the top menu bar (image below)
- If you favourite a show, all new shows will be downloaded to your device automatically when available. In order to download previous shows, click on the shows title and than choose episodes you want to download and press download icon in top menu (image below)
- You can see the current shows being downloaded in the Download queue list in the main menu (image below)
- Once recorded to your device, you can watch or delete a show going into Recorder Shows page from the main menu (image below)
5. How do the episodes download?
The episodes download using bit torrent trackers. The app is set for download only, so your device will not upload anything to the internet.
6. Will it work on my device?
It should work on most MODERN Android devices. If it does not work on yours, let us know and we will try to resolve the problem. Please support us by rating the app 5* in the app store.
7. Episodes are very slow to download. What can I do?
The purpose of this app is to always supply fresh episodes of your favourite shows to your device. The speed might vary, but usually the episodes will download over the night.